Sunday, March 4, 2012

Listen to Your Body

Always listen to your body. It whispers, it never shouts....So listen to your body, and never compare yourself to anyone else. Never before has there been a person like you, and never will there be. You are absolutely unique -- in the past, present and future.
So you cannot compare note with anybody, and you cannot imitate anybody. 
- Osho

Many people come to yoga with the idea of becoming more flexible in their bodies. Hamstrings are tight, back needs to loosen up, etc... Even though the above Osho quote is about "listening to your body," the act of listening starts with your mind. They are connected.

This week, I'd like to work on those times that I feel stuck in my situation. Whether it is the person in front of me who isn't paying attention to the green light, or when I need to help my 6 year-old recover from another breakdown when his apple sauce touched his carrot on his plate, or his hat "feels funny."  I could look at it as a chance to come back to taking a few deep breaths and become more flexible!
-t.


No comments:

Post a Comment