Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mornin'

Morning is when I am awake and there is a dawn in me... We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aids, but by an infinate expectation of the dawn...It is something to be able to paint a particular picture, or to carve a statue, and so to make a few objects beautiful; but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look... To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of the arts. 
Thoreau, Walden

Anyone who knows me, might be surprised by this post. I'm less than a morning-person. In fact if I had it my way, I'd go to bed at 2 and get up at 10. sigh. No luck with that. So I've been doing what I can to wake up without relying too much on coffee or chai. My brief yoga morning practices have helped, when I'm not being crawled on by my kids/dog. 
This being said, I've started looking forward to my time on my mat:)

No comments:

Post a Comment