Monday, December 6, 2010

Day to Day...

This chopping wood and carrying water is karma yoga... the yoga of daily life. The way to do it is: Do what you do, but dedicate the fruits of the work to me...That's the most esoteric way of saying it. Another way of saying it is, do it without attachment... 
page 54 of Remember Be Here Now

So, I got to work today with a sinking feeling that it was going to be a rough start. Whala, I was right. 
I had to get a sub for 3 days last week and the students made her, "run for the hills." Many things happened that I don't need to mention here, but in the end I had to make a choice. 
Do I become overwhelmed with these things that are in the past? Should I worry about how I can never get the flu and get a sub to take care of my classes in the future? 
I tried to dig deep into my non-attaching soul and figure out this little bump-in-my-ego's-road. 
Why does this situation really bother me? I feel embarrassed that my classes were out-of-control, and that maybe they are always out-of-control, and I don't even notice! 
It makes me question my abilities and my calling. 

I'm lucky to have loving people that I work with, and sisters that I can call, who help me to pick up the pieces and patch it all back together. I'm also lucky to have my home yoga practice. 

I'm starting to look forward to it and reflect about the these waves will return to a calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment