Thursday, August 26, 2010

On Imagination...

"...Imagination is something that can be developed at any stage of life... Doctors once thought the brain stopped forming neural pathways when the body stopped growing. But they now realize that thinking a new thought in your mind, you can create an entirely new neural thought in your mind, you can create an entirely new neural pathway.
In other words, the imaginative brain is not necessarily a gift as much as it is practice."
Yeah Dave's Guide, page 131, Imagination

I hear this all of the time when I'm teaching art, "I can't draw, my sister is the one in the family that draws..." I wish that I could teach the confidence that is needed to become better at drawing. I'm going to see/and practice with Dave Romanelli tomorrow night, should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment