Sunday, August 29, 2010

Yea Dave's Big Three

First of all, big thanks to Theresa for posting so many great things about yoga study and the experiences at the Yoga Center. It's been really helpful in the learning process, and is also really fun to read! :) Good luck to you tomorrow at the first day of school!

I wanted to add something to the Dave Romanelli workshop mentioned earlier, which I attended Friday and Sunday. The yoga, chocolate and wine where fantastic, as were Dave's hilarious stories. The thing that stood out the most to me was a suggestion to notice three experiences every day - something funny, something beautiful, and something delicious. Not only does being mindful enrich and deepen the experience of these things, but it also makes the days memorable in a society where one day often bleeds into the next. It also seems like a great way to practice gratitude.

Something funny: Finding out that Titanic is Dave's all-time favorite movie. Belly laughs during the middle of yoga practice are awesome!
Something delicious: The extra-ripe nectarine that landed more on my shirt than in my mouth
Something beautiful: The sunset while I was riding my scooter over the High Bridge this evening

Thinking about it, I am very lucky to have a great number of experiences to choose from, even just from today. Not all days will be this easy, but if I can find something funny, something beautiful, and something delicious in every day, I really don't have much to complain about. Thanks, Dave!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm so glad that you were able to make a post!
    I look forward to anymore insights and inspiration that you send in. tx.t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got a lot out of Dave's weekend; if you'd like to read about it, you can do so here (scroll down to the "Visiting Teacher Weekend" section). http://yogayearbook.wordpress.com/progress-report/

    ReplyDelete