Friday, August 27, 2010

Reflections on Dave Romenelli

I went to the Dave Romenelli class tonight.
He is known for combining yoga with chocolate/wine/music.
What surprised me the most was that he is a storyteller and he uses these elements to tell his stories.
In my own art classroom, I'm known for telling random stories from "how to stop a toilet from over flowing" to "How to make instant-tears when pulled over by a cop."

It is validating to know that there are other people out there who can pull this off in a yoga class. It made for an interesting/challenging night of yoga with a beautiful reward of chocolate/wine/conversation to boot!

He mentioned something like: "1/2 the Effort = Double the Outcome" 
I like this and I'd like to put it in my back pocket for when I can't bare another breath in triangle.
t.

1 comment:

  1. Theresa, I just wrapped up four online entries on Dave's four classes from this past weekend. If you'd like to read them, you can check them out at my blog. Here's the link to the first one:

    http://yogayearbook.wordpress.com/2010/08/27/yoga-miracles/

    ReplyDelete